COVID-19 in the blink of an eye have changed the face of the world’s lives. Stories of war and oppression are no longer the focus, but the world is struggling with the tragedy in challenging human capacity to contain it.
When the World Health Organization (WHO) declares COVID-19 as a pandemic, most countries have begun to implement the lock-down enforcement to curb the spread of corona virus by practising limitation in social movement and community activities.
To ensure that the education system does not end in spite of the worldwide panic, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) recommends the use of various technologies to ensure the continuity of learning. This action is particularly relevant when facing the COVID-19 pandemic where more people are begin to have interested in online learning.
Why Should Online Courses Is Needed During COVID-19 Pandemic?
The process of learning and teaching does not have to happen face-to-face, especially in today’s difficult world. For the safety of students and teachers, Open and Distance Learning (ODL) can be useful and beneficial.
Teachers can use online learning platforms for teaching and interacting with students in order to obey social distance. The process of learning and teaching normally happen face-to-face in a classroom, nonetheless virtually is better choice.
Are There Any Online COVID-19 Courses?
In addition, you also have the opportunity to gain information on COVID-19 through online learning. Some organizers of online courses have also offers online courses regarding COVID-19 to provide information and awareness on the COVID-19 outbreak that has hit the world today. These courses are very suitable and precious at the moment so that knowledge about COVID-19 can be disseminated and the public can prepare and learn how to deal with COVID-19 issues.
1. Courses by WHO
- COVID-19 at Points of Entry
- Emerging respiratory viruses, including COVID-19: methods for detection, prevention, response and control (Approximately 3 hours)
- ePROTECT Respiratory Infections (Approximately 2 hours)
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Approximately 1 hour)
- COVID-19: Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response (Approximately 2 hours)
- Clinical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (Approximately 10 hours)
2. Courses by Udemy
- Coronavirus Outbreak: All you need to know to stay safe (Within 2 hours)
- The Coronavirus Survial Guide (Within 1 hour)
3. Courses by Coursera
- Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 (Approximately 10 hours)
- COVID-19: What You Need to Know (Approximately 3 hours)
4. Courses by Future Learn
- Managing COVID-19 in General Practice (Approximately 2 hours)
- COVID-19: Tackling the Novel Coronavirus (Approximately 4 hours)
5. Course by Alison
- Coronavirus – What you need to know (Approximately 2 hours)